Update as of 10th August 2020
It’s the moment we’ve been waiting for – we are now open! You can now book your next break to Crieff Hydro with terms that are as flexible as your plans.
You may find that not all of our facilities will be open during your stay. This includes some restaurants, some activities, BIG Country and our guest laundry room. However, this will be reviewed as lockdown eases. We’ll look to open fully just as soon as the government says it is OK to do so.
If you have a booking that may have been affected by lockdown, we’ve outlined your options here. Already been in touch about your booking? We’ve got it and there’s nothing you need to do.
You may have seen in the press that we, like other businesses, are sadly considering job losses as a direct result of the huge Covid-19 related downturn in business. This downturn is expected to last for many months after re-opening but won’t affect your booking before or after you get here. Whilst a few things may be different because of social distancing and other guidelines, we’ll still be offering the same level of service and hospitality that we have for over 150 years.
Thank you on behalf of the family and our team for continuing to support us and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Not sure what’s open and what’s not for your visit? Here’s a breakdown of what’s open as of today – will be updated daily so keep an eye out.
- Winter Garden – yes, daily from 9 am until late
- Tiffin at the Winter Garden – not yet, open from 29th July
- The Terrace – yes, open from 12 pm until late
- Basecamp at Action Glen – yes, open daily from 9 am.
- Meikle – yes, for breakfast only
- The Hub – yes, it’s in full swing
- Action Glen – yes, 99% of our activities are running (Segways and 4×4 tours will be back soon).
- Riding Centre – yes, Polly and her friends are back.
- BIG Country – not yet, waiting on government guidance. Our team are pulling out the stops so you don’t miss out, find out more here
- Cinema – not yet, waiting on government guidance.
Spa and Leisure
- Spa – yes, open from 22nd July with a slightly reduced offering.
- Hair – yes, hair cuts and blow dry’s are back!
- Leisure pool and gym – not yet, waiting on Government guidance.
- Victorian Spa – not yet, waiting on Government guidance.
Changes to your stay
Coronavirus means we’re changing how we do some things to help stop the virus spread and look out for the health of our guests and our team. Here is a roundup of the main changes you’ll notice during your stay:
- Room amenities – for both hotel and self-catering, you will no longer find the following in your room: toiletries, hairdryers, soft furnishings such as cushions, extra pillows, blankets, pads, and pens. These are now available on request.
- Contactless payments – we are now a cash-free resort. Please bay by contactless where you can.
- Face masks/coverings – these are not mandatory for guests at our hotel and is a personal choice. If you would like a face mask but have forgotten to bring one with you, we have them available for purchase.
- Breakfast Booking – best to book your slot for breakfast in advance or book your grab and go option if you’re short on time.
- Social distancing – we have introduced visual reminders and markers to help you keep your distance from guests and our team. We have also installed protective screens/cough guards.
- Activities – our activities now have to be booked in advance. Please check availability before your stay so you can book the activities you want.
- Biocidal cleaning – we have developed enhanced cleaning procedures for every nook, cranny, and surface throughout the hotel.
For more information on our new procedures, view our Hydro Health Promise.
Protecting your family and ours
Help us protect yourself and others by getting the whole family to:
- Avoid travelling if you have symptoms of Covid-19 or have been advised to self-isolate
- If you live in an area that is under local or national lockdown, please do not travel
- If you have travelled to stay with us if you knowingly have symptoms or are coming from a lockdown area, you will be asked to leave with no refund
- Wash your hands. If this is not possible hand sanitiser will do
- Got a cough? Need to sneeze? Catch it with a tissue and bin it
- Got a habit of touching your face? Best to break this habit if you can
- Avoid people who are unwell – or avoid others if it’s you that’s poorly
What else are we doing? To give peace of mind, we’re adjusting our terms: all hotel bookings can be amended or cancelled up to seven days prior to your arrival.