Lodges for larger groups
So, you’d like the run of a seriously spacious home from home, in the grounds of Scotland’s best family hotel? Well, okay then. We’ve got enormous lodges for larger groups that can sleep 9, 10 or a whopping 16 people – take a look below.
Room for the whole clan…same high-spec as our smaller holiday lodges but right for 9–16 people.
Netherleigh Lodge - Sleeps up to 14
Sleeps 14 People: 6 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms
Two-minute walk from the hotel
Netherleigh Lodge is the largest on the entire estate – sleeping 10 adults and 4 kids in absolute style. You can even split the house in two, to give the kids their own floor! Just don’t be surprised when you find a pillow fort upstairs.
It’s a short two-minute walk to everything the hotel has to offer yet secluded with its own private garden, plus there’s a large decking area with seating so you can enjoy some al fresco wining and dining. Inside you’ll find a cosy log burner, huge fancy kitchen complete with range-style cooker, and utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer. That and everything your clan will need to make your gathering run smoothly.
Falside Lodge - Sleeps up to 9
Sleeps 9 People: 3 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms
One mile from the hotel
Located at Culcrieff village, roughly a mile from the hotel can sleep up to 9 – 6 adults and three children (including a family room with an alcove that sleeps two kids and a pull out bed in the main bedroom). Our Culcrieff lodges boast stunning views of Strathearn and there’s all the space and equipment you’ll need to keep the clan fed and watered.
Gorthie Lodge - Sleeps up to 10
Sleeps 10 People: 3 Bedrooms (including one bunk bed room) each with an en-suite bathroom and 2 separate bathrooms
One mile from the hotel
Located at Culcrieff Village, overlooking the Perthshire hills. This is a two story lodge sleeping up to 10 – rooms can be configured as double or twin and there is a family room sleeping four – this can be four single beds for groups of friends. The terrace looks over Strathearn Valley and gets the best of the sunshine all day…when the sun has it’s hat on.
All three come with towels, linen, and some goodies to get you going on your first day, including an emergency stash of Brodies tea, coffee, and shortbread.
Need to know
- Check in Friday for 3 nights minimum stay or Monday for 4 nights minimum stay
- Check in is from 4pm on your day of arrival, although you’re welcome to arrive early and begin using the facilities from 10am. And check out is 10am on the day you leave. If you miss check out at 10am, there’s a charge of £30 per hour for each hour thereafter.
- Free childcare at Big Country included when booking direct – two hours daily
- Access to all things Crieff Hydro – from the pool to cinema, although meals are not included
- Welcome pack with teas, coffee and biscuits to get you started on your first day. Get the kettle on and settle into your home-from-home.
- Rainy day entertainment – Free Wi-Fi, TV and DVD player.
- Each self-catering unit has a designated parking space – always nearby, and often right at your door! ‘How near is nearby?’ Literally a hop, skip and a jump! Or, if you prefer to walk it’s still less than 30 seconds.
- How far are the lodges from the hotel?
Some are a stone’s throw or a few minutes’ walk. Culcrieff Village is further away – roughly a mile from the hotel. Our Porters are able to drive you between the hotel and your lodge, just call to arrange. Where a choice is available for the same size of lodge you can elect to be close or further from the hotel – if available it’s £20 per night to guarantee a unit.
- Can I bring the dog?
Of course you can! If you’re staying for a week, there’s a charge of £35 per dog. Or, if you’re staying less than a week, it’s £20 per dog and there’s a maximum of 2 dogs per unit. So, you’ll have to leave 99 of the Dalmatians at home.
- Do you have any additional fees?
No, unlike Airbnb or other third party sites there are no additional fees above your accommodation costs. We do ask that you leave your lodge in the same condition it was found in, so dishes cleaned please! If your lodge is not left in a clean condition we reserve the right to charge a cleaning fee to the card used to make the booking.
- Are there laundry facilities?
The lodges have a washing machine and tumble dryer. Washing powder too…a little mud couldn’t be less of an issue! And as for towels, well there’s no need to pack them.
And the dishes…? We’re already on it. A dishwasher complete with tablets and, of course, a kitchen sink with washing up liquid!
- We’re hoping for good weather, what’s the outdoor space like?
The units have balconies or decked areas so you can enjoy your morning coffee outdoors or alfresco dining in the evening! Of course, you are on a 900 acre estate so do feel free to picnic in other places too!