Here’s all you need to know…
- Both hotel and self-catering guests will get up to two free daily childcare sessions for 2-12 year olds when the stay is booked direct. These sessions run for two hours, with four slots to choose from during the day.
- You also have the option to join them together (that means 4.5 hours of alone time for Mums and Dads!). To do this, simply book a ‘bridge’ for just £5 (it even includes snacks and a drink to keep your little ones happy.)
- If two’s not enough and you find you need an extra session it’s all yours for only £10 per child.
- Fancy an evening to yourselves? The 7pm-9pm session is just £10 too, although it’s only open to 3yrs+ and isn’t available as one of your two free sessions.
Looking to keep the little ones entertained in other ways? Head to our Kids page for more!
- So, what are the session times?
Session 1: 8.00 – 10.00am
BRIDGE from 10.00am – 10.30am (cost per child: £5)*
Session2: 10.30am – 12.30pm
Session3: 1.30 – 3.30pm
BRIDGE from 3.30pm – 4pm (cost per child: £5)*
Session 4: 4.00 – 6.00pm
Evening session: 7.00 – 9.00pm (cost per child: £10.00) only available in peak season
*Bridge sessions need to be booked in conjunction with a session. They can be used to join two sessions together or can be used as additional time for one session.
- What is a BIG Country bridge?
A bridge is a 30 minute session which can be used with one full two hour session. It can also join two sessions together which means you can access 4.5 hours of childcare. A bridge session cannot be used over lunch time (12:30pm – 1:30pm).
A bridge is £5 per child (covers the cost of providing a snack and a drink for your kids).
- Why are we being charged for bridges and the evening session?
Partly because we’ve noticed changing demands – you’ve told us you’d like more things for families to do together in the evening and we’ve listened. And partly because we didn’t want to do away with the session altogether, as other hotels have done. Both of these options come at no small cost to us as a business.
Therefore, the small charges allow us to reinvest in both BIG Country and other areas such as our entertainment program. Plus, the £5 cost for a bridge goes towards providing a snack and a drink for your kids.
- Why no lunchtime bridge?
This one is simple enough – our BIG Country team need a break and something to eat too!
- When are peak / off peak times?
Peak times include every day within the school holidays (which means both the Scottish school holiday period and the school holiday periods south of the border) and weekends (that means Friday – Sunday afternoon).
Off peak is everything in between!