Self-catering in Scotland
Our self-catering lodges are dotted all around the Crieff Hydro estate.
You could be right in the heart of the action or hidden away in your own bit of Scottish woodland. You can even bring the dog! No on gets left behind on a Hydro holiday.
Lodges & Apartments
What’s included in your stay?
As well as the everyday essentials in your accommodation like cutlery, towels and bed linen, there’s so much more included in your break:
- Free childcare in BIG Country for 2-12 year olds – sorry Mum & Dad, this is a wee ones only zone
- Free fun – endless canon balls in the pool, guns of steel in the gym and loads of ‘oooh’ moments with daily entertainment
- Rainy day entertainment – think magicians, musicians and family quizzes. Oh and there is always time for a film or two in the cinema
- Stay connected with unlimited Wi-Fi – yes, you can even stream your favourite shows (not that you’ll want to)
- Miles of roaming space for dog walks – we’re dog friendly! No one gets left behind on a Hydro holiday
Your Questions Answered
- Can I bring the dog?
Of course you can! If you’re staying for a week, there’s a charge of £35 per dog. Or, if you’re staying less than a week, it’s £20 per dog and there’s a maximum of 2 dogs per unit. So, you’ll have to leave 99 of the Dalmatians at home.
- What time is check in / check out?
Check in is from 4pm on your day of arrival, although you’re welcome to arrive early and begin using the facilities from 10am. And check out is 10am on the day you leave. If you miss check out at 10am, there’s a charge of £30 per hour for each hour thereafter.
- Can I guarantee a specific unit?
You sure can, it’s an additional £20 per night to guarantee any of our self catering units.
- Is there parking?
Yep. All our self-catering units either have a dedicated parking space outside them or there’s parking available in a nearby car park.
- Where can I get the groceries?
Crieff doesn’t have any of the major supermarkets but there is a pretty large Co-op and Aldi. Plus, you can always order online from the nearby Stirling or Perth supermarkets and get your shopping delivered which will save you sharing the car with ‘the big shop’! That said, if you are getting shopping delivered, you’ll need to make sure you’re there to receive it as we will not sign for anything.
- Are your units accessible?
Unfortunately not all of our units are fully accessible.
However, Abercairney Cottage has some of the best views of Crieff and it is fully accessible. Swoop through the open-plan living space to the outdoor deck for al-fresco breakfasting, or evening G&Ts. There’s acres of space in the master bedroom, with an en-suite accessible bathroom. We’ve also put a hoist in the bedroom and bathroom, to make life that little bit easier.
It’s always best to give our sales team a call on 01764655555 and they’ll talk you through the accessible options available.
- What's provided in the units?
Well, what’s provided varies slightly depending on the size and type of your unit but we like to provide most of the essentials – plates, cutlery, some cooking utensils, mugs, kettle, toaster, oven gloves, iron, ironing board and, of course, a bottle opener and wine glasses! We also provide a couple of washing tablets (for when you come back mucky from Action Glen!)
- Can I get more logs and kindling for my log burner?
Yes you can! Logs are £10 per top up and kindling is £5 per top up. This can be done between 9am and 4pm.
- What are the dining options?
There are plenty of dining options here at Crieff Hydro (even if you are staying in self-catering!). There’s our selection of restaurants dotted around the hotel, our pre-order menu so you can have dinner waiting in your unit for you on arrival, and our Piccolo takeaway menu for when you fancy having a night in.